Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SERVER TIPS, SUPPORT HINTS TO HOSTONY USERS...
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
McMurtrey
SERVER TIPS, SUPPORT HINTS TO HOSTony USERS...

-Never close a website before transfers are complete.
If you must, use the redirect url with original registrar to a 'HOSTony sub domain clone' of it...
otherwise your site will be down...I use Godaddy to registar as millions of others,
as my registar because you have soe much control of domains.
Their tech support is 24/7 like here,

-Tech support is a thankless job, dealing mainly with others lack of knowledge, stupidity or self-imposed problems...and support doesn't own the hosting company..they may not even be in the same country as the servers...so give em a break...they are trying to help. So you do you really want to talk to Tech Support across the globe, when Hostony servers are in the States? That be a nice phone bill.

-Many other tech companies use tech support in India, ( I'm not saying Hostony tech support is india, its an example ) so if servers are here, they use webbased consoles. Like cPanel etc.
Remote rebooting etc. But hardware is always a problem.

-Think before reacting...typing posts do not show inflection of voice, so always be overly polite in typing one...cause no one wants to help the ungrateful, whinny complainer. I've had some major problems at GoDaddy, but NEVER got mad or took it out on the support people...cause they are there to help

-Always have more than 1 email at different domains, so if you transfer.
You can change your contact info and be contacted. I use my ISP for contact instead of the domains I own. Or use webbased Freeones like here:

-Its the webmaster's responsibility to be able to be contacted.

I own over 25 domains, and manage many others. I have been slowly transferring them here little by little. I'm getting used to cPanel and WHM which is the majority of my problems, cause I'm more of a designer than a techie. I had a site down due to NS caching for over 48hrs, but that's because I jumped the gun, and transferred it without planning it out for murphy's law.

That's it, cause I've been reading through some of these posts and had to say something. Cause tech support ain't easy. And unless I'm treated badly as a customer, I 'LL always support them...
My charter cable isp goes down way more and they b nation wide in the states,
in fact I had to type this twice cause charter went down....

that's it I'm done - DM

Some Helpful Ph. #'s

-GoDaddy Tech Phone #'s
General Technical Support........(480) 505-8877
Domain Support...................(480) 505-8899
Fax Number.......................(480) 505-8844

Paypal tech support..........(888) - 221-1161
Lehrer
McMurtrey, it's a masterpiece! Never met anyone here so eloquent! If it were a composition in english, I would gladly give you an excellent mark. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

P.s. We are not in India. You can ask Jason Jones if it's topical for you.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.p.s - quite an old topic, but I never noticed it smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here