Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Website Down for > 24 Hours
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
jgalt1
My website and email (and my clients) have been down for 24 hours now. Apparently they changed my DNS nameservers IP address on me so maybe
it will be 48 hours before it's back.

My support ticket is a nightmare of short unintelligible responses from the suppot technician who ignored most of my questions and my request that he give this ticket to someone else.

The communication problem is severe and this is where email support falls completely down. It ######s !! If you only provide email support and your techs are poor at communicating in english, you AND I have a problem. This is the major reason why I stopped at 1 client even though I have a reseller account.
I knew the support would be a nightmare.

I was with hostony during the early bad days when I first started and then when things got much better (very good in fact). Now, since they've done this to me
I'm fed up. I need telephone support. You just can't keep replying in a ticket when the person you're dealing with can't communicate well in english. Sorry, nothing personal. I can't speak russian for a damn but then I'm not providing
the email support to people in Russia.

I just don't believe that i should be having downtime for what they're doing. I'm tired and my website is till down. I've given up on you hostony.

http://ww.Global-Stuff.com

p.s. Oh yeah, I was paying google PPC charges while it was down until I discovered the problem. Thanks guys.
Stanly
As I said at your trouble ticket, we were contacting you but there was no reply. Your domain name, private name servers and everything were transfered to the new server and old one was canceled.
Also we can't change settings for domain name that is registered not with our domain name registrar. So we were not able to change name servers for your domain name (but as I mentioned we've sent an e-mail with notification to do this).
Unfortunately, we have no phone support, but there are ICQ/AIM/E-mail/SupportDesk/LiveChat support. I think response time is acceptable.
jgalt1
Perhaps you sent me an email on my down server ? Did you thing to try any of the other emails like in the support tickets etc ?

Well, now I got no email and no website. Same for my client.

I've changed my nameservers on own linux box to the ip's that you gave me and my website still does not come up.

I see you've deleted my ticket as well.

I also can't log in to my northvir account under the 2087 port (login/password doesn't work).

It just get's better doesn't it.

http://www.Global-Stuff.com
Stanly
1. We've sent you an e-mail not to your current domain name that is hosted with us but to the e-mail that was mentioned by you when you was buying services at our site.
2. I didn't delete your trouble ticket. I've answered and closed it.
jgalt1
1. You sent me email to an address that I used when I bought service with you ? That would be the one I don't use anymore since I now use hostony.

Do you see how this "system" breaks down at a certain point ? Maybe you could have telephone support at the 12 or 24 hour mark. Email support works fine
for simple things like rebooting the server etc... but when you starting moving
people around and changing their private DNS server ip addresses and sending
email to old email address, it doesn't work.

2. You closed the ticket, yet my website still doesn't come up yet.

You'll know when it's working when this link works:

http://www.Global-Stuff.com

As I mentioned, the website nameservers have been changed in the
registra as you requested. I guess we now wait.
Stanly
1. We didn't have any other e-mail. If you was changing e-mail you was able to inform us.
2. As you said - "We're waiting". As soon as your new IP will be propagated all over the world your domain name will work. Also I don't know guys from GoDaddy, but to propagate DNS renewals 72 hours are needed in theory (not 48). You can read mroe about it all over the Internet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here