Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dwon again!!!!
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
easycall
mad.gif Geeze what is up with Hostony lately? When I first came here a year ago I was very happy with the service, there was very little down time. Lately my server was down on a daily basis so I got moved to another server which was supposed to be more dependable. All was well for about 3 days and now I'm down again. It's 4:00 in the afternoon and this is 2nd time today - I agree with another poster that sceduled maintenance needs to be accomplised during night time hours in the US if most customers are in US.

This is getting very discouraging and I've even started looking for a new host. I submitted a trouble ticket, but no response yet. I'm spending a lot of money right now on advertising - both on-line and off-line so this down time is really killing my ROI. And trying to do a business with no email access is nearly impossible!

We're not here for fun and games - many of us are trying to operate on-line businesses and right now Hostony just isn't making good business sense!
Stanly
65.254.35.18 is down for HDD issue.
I've already said about thi here http://forum.hostony.com/index.php?showtopic=1150

Server will be up ASAP.
Rastus
QUOTE(easycall @ Feb 24 2004, 06:08 PM)
mad.gif Geeze what is up with Hostony lately? When I first came here a year ago I was very happy with the service, there was very little down time. Lately my server was down on a daily basis so I got moved to another server which was supposed to be more dependable. All was well for about 3 days and now I'm down again. It's 4:00 in the afternoon and this is 2nd time today - I agree with another poster that sceduled maintenance needs to be accomplised during night time hours in the US if most customers are in US.

This is getting very discouraging and I've even started looking for a new host. I submitted a trouble ticket, but no response yet. I'm spending a lot of money right now on advertising - both on-line and off-line so this down time is really killing my ROI. And trying to do a business with no email access is nearly impossible!

We're not here for fun and games - many of us are trying to operate on-line businesses and right now Hostony just isn't making good business sense!

I'm beginning to feel the same way. When I first got started with hostony I was thrilled with the hosting. I'd had nightmares with my prev host, and hostony was highly recommended by several people. As time goes on, the downtimes are killing me. I understand about HDD failures coming when least expected and I understand about needing to upgrade the kernel. But the sites going down for upgrades or maintenance during normal business hours is not understandable.

My site was down for 45 minutes this morning so far. rolleyes.gif
Serge
65.254.35.18 server19 was down 2 days ago because of HDD failure.
We had to wait 2.5 hours untill 3x80 GB synhronize data.
There is no way to speed RAID5 synhronization.

To the top in case of manual restore from backups it could take up to 8 hours to resolve similar problem. So I don't think that we handle that problem in appropriate manner.

As for recent downtime with server 18 it was caused by DDOS attack from the ip 194.67.23.130. Also total downtime was not exceeded 25 minutes (time between submitting issue to the NOC engeneer and report for its resolution)

I do understand that downtime is not acceptable at all, but there is no way to avoid it in the real world and we do our best to keep it as short as possible even in case of serious issues.

Thank you foe your patience and understanding.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here