Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Move from FeaturePrice
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Anonymous
I am presently on FeaturePrice with their Plesk control panel with four domains, four web sites, two subdomains and numerous email boxes and forwards. If I sign up with one of your plans, is there any way to move all of this stuff and the configurations over to you more or less automatically, or do I have to basically start over again with configurations.
Serge
We have migration utility from Plesk to Cpanel. But it generally moves only files. Because Cpanel has different paths for users account and programs you'll have to edit your scripts in order they work under cpanel.
Also you'll have to create all the mailboxes manually again.

If you tend to use horder imp under plesk the same webmail client comes with cpanel. You can copy all your webmail folders and messages using outlook express to connect to mail accounts on both servers and copy folders and messangers with simple drug-n-drop.

Also cpanel has a temporary URL where you can see your site before changing DNS so you'll be able to debug and check everything on our server aftermove before switching nameservers.

In brief: Moving domains from Plesk is not such smoothy like doing it from other cpanel servers but with some effort it can be done without any downtime for your sites. The proces has only some parts automated and will require some effort from you.
Anonymous
I thank you for your quick reply yesterday. Based upon your quick reply, your informative web site and the positive comments of your customers, I have signed up for an account with you, and am now waiting for it to be activated. I look forward to a long and mutually beneficial relationship.
Serge
No problem. Welcome to Hostony!
Anonymous
Greetings,

I too have several domains entangled in Feature Price's intolerable servers. I am, quite frankly, firing them ! If I sign up with you fine folks do you offer a service to move my domain names ? I can move the data, but don't know how to move my domain names. Thanks in advance !

Kind Regards,

Jim Whitney,
Dwarf Island Graphics
Serge
Domain transfer is easy. You have to login to your domain control panel at your domain registrar site and change nameservers for your domain to ours (you'll get them once we activate your domain name).
Anonymous
Thank you, Serge ! I just signed up with your company. I look forward to a long and professional relationship. Thanks again !

Jim
Serge
Welcome to the Hostony. Vitaliy is activating your account.
Anonymous
Feature Priced (too high) has my domain registered at "DotRegistrar.com".

http://www.dotregistrar.com

I was not able to tell if the URL is "locked". Here is the "whois" info:

Registrant:
Hosting-Network, Inc. (ABSOLUTELYFREEWARE-COM-DOM)
This domain is owned by a FeaturePrice.Com Customer.
1516 Jackson Street
Ft.Myers, FL 33901
USA
1-800-605-4883
bedns@bedns.com

Domain Name: ABSOLUTELYFREEWARE.COM

Administrative Contact:
Hosting-Network, Inc. bedns@bedns.com
1516 Jackson Street
Ft.Myers, FL 33901
USA
1-800-605-4883

Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
Hosting-Network, Inc. bedns@bedns.com
1516 Jackson Street
Ft.Myers, FL 33901
USA
1-800-605-4883

Record last updated on 20-Dec-2002.
Record expires on 23-Sep-2003.
Record created on 23-Sep-2002.

Domain servers in listed order:

Name Server: ns1.fastnameserv.com
Name Server: ns2.fastnameserv.com

Will you, (for a fee, of course), be able to move my URL to your registrar ?

Thanks in Advance.

Jim
Anonymous
My website is hosted by Feature Price, too.

Since my plan is up very soon and I do too don't have domain manager with feature price where I can change DNS records.

It is very difficult to contact feature price and get a support from them; therefore, I know that I will encounter the same thing as Jim does now.

If you [HOSTONY] can change the DNS records for my website and without much of down time, I will definitely consider purchasing your hosting plan.
Serge
Jim and May,

We are resellers of the enom.com and can register or transfer domainsto them at $14.85/year (50% off their normal prices.) And we also give control panel for domain name management.

So in your case the best we can do is to try to transfer your domain names to enom.com. In case your domain names doesn't have domain name lock they will be transfered to enom and we'll be able to change nameservers for them.

There won't be a fee if domain transfer fails. In case it will be successful you'll be charged $14.85/year for domain name.

If it is ok for you, please email me at serge@hostony.com and we'll send a request to transfer your domain names.
Anonymous
This morning, I was "fooling around" with the
control panel for my account on the Feature Price server. I found
this little icon labeled "Domain". After my eyebrows rose and fell
several times, and a really annoying, cheesy grin came to my face,
I clicked on it. It was the ability to modify the DNS record. I took
this opportunity to ... um ... point it at the new name servers here ! `8-)
I also changed the owner from "Feature Price Customer" to my name,
address, and phone number. Let's just hope that it gets propagated
before they find out I did that ! Who knows what they might do. I
don't mind leaving it on "DotRegistrar.com" as long as the bafoons
at Feature Downtime don't mess with it. Ya know, Feature Price used
to be pretty good, but have really fallen off of the cliff, as far as their quality.
It's Kind of sad, really !

Best to you !!!

Jim
Anonymous
Hi Jim,

I wonder where you find the domain icon. I am using Plesk control panel with Feature price now. After I get on the control panel, it says that I can't modify the DNS (DNS change disabled).

It will be nice to change it myself; however, I am going to email the support here [Hostony] first.
Anonymous
Hi, May,

Well, if you are on the old server, than you can't access the DNS stuff. That is to your advantage, as, the new server's control panel works about half as well. Here's what you, and any other Feature Horror, former customer need do:

Go to the new help desk at:

http://helpdesk.featureprice.com

Enter your email and password. Now, in the upper lefthand corner you should see an icon labled "Domain Manager". If you click on that you will see all of the domains that they registered for you. Click on any of them and you will be able to change your DNS record to point to this site, using the name servers they provided for you when you signed up. Now, let me clarify that I have no clue as to what they will do when they find out we have done this. Those DNS records are in their account. It is not known what they can/will do as, they can change any and all of your entries. It will be better if you follow the instructions that "hostony" gives you !

Good Luck, and Best to all of you !!!

Jim
Anonymous
Thanks for the tip, Jim.

I like it here. You guys are very helpful!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here