Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 207.44.244.81 - Server down again!!
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
mxb100
Hi,

I host a site on your box 207.44.244.81. Lately (almost for a more than a month now), the box has been going down multiple times EVERY DAY.

Every time its something new: Installing hardware, changing NIC, just rebooting, load was more, etc...etc.

Can you please explain whats going on? Also, if majority of your customers are from the US, then why do you do this HDD install etc. during US prime time ? Cant you do it at like 4 AM Eastern Time etc...

Manoj
Alec
The server was down today due to out of memory.
So we are going to upgrade memory. We'll add an additional gigabyte of RAM.
It will cause a short downtime and we'll inform you about it.
Sorry for the inconveniences and thnak you for your patience
mxb100
Valid explanation.

Today (2/23 9:40 AM CST) site is down again. Answer I got from support is "Server is being fscked".

Why is this server having problems every day ?

Manoj
mxb100
Today 2/25 10 AM CST, the server is down due to kernet upgrade. Its been more than 30 mins now, as far as I know. I appreciate you folks announcing this earlier.

But, guys cant you PLEASE, PLEASE do this late at night as per US TIME. Say 4 AM Eastern !!

What do I tell my customers about the down times every day ??

Manoj
Stevenson
I'm a customer on the same server and I second the notion that it has been pretty bad for the past month. You've been stellar up to that point but lately... eh, not so much. sad.gif

Is there a light at the end of this tunnel? smile.gif

At what point do you migrate customers and shoot the server? IS that what the one bullet in Stanly's chamber is for? biggrin.gif

S
dragonfli
I don't know if they shot the server, but some kind of migration happened. Look at your server stats. "server 11" now has only 1 processor and a whole lot less running, or maybe it was only my 10 accounts or so that were changed.
Stevenson
Yeah, half the services are down. I can that "root" is in there tearing stuff up. At least they are working the problem...

S
dragonfli
Maybe Someone can help me test my dns problem. All my sites are acting like the server is down again. but no one is in here posting so it may be a local dns issue (NY, US).
try http://fireplace-distributors.com/
Or http://quakerstore.com and see if you can reach them. localy I have nothing but angry phone calls. but trace does not make it to site so who knows.
Serge
We had a problem after upgrading to kernel 2.6.3. Intel Gigabit ethernet drive has a packet loss of 8%. To fix that we had to compile and integrate into kernel sources driver provided by Intel support.
Unfortunetely driver provided by Intel did not satrted so we need to revert back to 2.4 kernel untill solution for the ethernet issue under 2.6.3 will be found.
dragonfli
The kernel rollback didn't seem to work for me.
still no dns conect
anyone having luck with those links from other locations?
Stanly
Server is up now and working correctly.
dragonfli
It's Alive Again!
Soon i'll be able to get back to writting code instead of answering the phone smile.gif .
All of my sites that share the same IP as mine are back-up and mail is flowing!
check this trace Heathy Trace

All that's left to fix are the two sites that have dedicated I.P's
They are on the same server but the DNS is still stalling on your end.

Stalls at server quakerstore.com (network-tools.com trace)

Stalls at server boccio.us (network-tools.com trace)

Driver problems seem to always come with upgrades, I'm sure intel will come thru with something soon.

Till then thanks for getting things back up.
D.
Stanly
To dragonfli
Fixed now.
Both URLs are working now. cool.gif
dragonfli
Thanks! wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here