Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: png support
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
flamesrock
Hi,

I emailed support a few days ago to get png support added to the gd library of my account. Alexander Brykulya confirmed that it was added, and another email I recieved from the help desk assured me that it was recompiled into php. However, I recieve this error:

Warning: imagecreatefromstring(): No PNG support in this PHP build in /home/simcitys/public_html/score/php_inc/classes_inc.php on line 96

When trying to use a function. Is it possible that the server wasn't restarted to make the changes take effect? I'm not sure what the problem could be, but I know the code should work since friends of mine have successfully made it work. This is really a big part of my site and I'd like to get it working as quickly as possible.

-Thanks smile.gif
Stanly
Tell me please are you sure that this function is used in png support module?
May be ImageMagick is required for it?
Also there will be an "Compiling Day" at this Saturday (tomorrow) - we will recompile PHP at servers (by requests), installing software, etc. I'm waiting for your response till that day 'cause the next time we'll be able to recompile PHP only next Saturday. cool.gif
flamesrock
Thanks for the quick response

I know that the program relies on the GD library only, which it uses through php. So the error would make sense if GD hasn't been recompiled/restarted with php to accomodate for it. Could you double-check that png support has been added to the GD library of my account (simcitys domain: simcitysphere.com,) and that php will recompiled for it tomorrow? I'm not sure which server # I'm on.

Also, one more question: Are we allowed to keep legal mp3 files on our sites?

-Thanks
Stanly
Ok, I'll check it in the nearest time.
Yes, you can host legal mp3's.
flamesrock
in about how long will you guys recompile/restart? Reason I ask is because it must be getting late in the Ukraine ph34r.gif don't want you guys to forget
Vanya
We work for 24 hours =) We won't forget.
I'm compiling it right now.
Vanya
Check it now please.
flamesrock
okay -- still doesn't work, but from my research on the net I found that there are a few possible reasons why pngs support isn't functional yet:

1. Check if you have the php_gd.dll in the extensions directory, if not theres the problem.  (php.net binary includes it).

2. Edit the php.ini file and check that 'extension_dir' is set to your extensions directory e.g.
'extension_dir = C:/php/extensions'

3. Uncomment the line extension=php_gd.dll (remove the ';').

Another person wrote that: have a look in your "extensions" directory. If you have a file named "php_gd_gif.dll" rename this to "php_gd.gif". (I'm pretty sure he meant php_gd.dll by that)

sorry to bother you guys so much wink.gif

-Thanks
Stanly
All of this issues are absent 'cause you are running at Linux-based hosting.
Also tell me please FULL path to your script that uses PNG support.
flamesrock
Hi,

The full path to the script is http://www.simcitysphere.com/score/score.php but that one contains barely any gd related functions. score.php works with http://www.simcitysphere.com/score/php_inc/classes_inc.php (/home/simcitys/public_html/score/php_inc/classes_inc.php) which carries out the gd functions, with errors at the moment.

-Thanks
Stanly
As I can see classes_inc.php is not an execute file. It is just a file with functions.
Tell me please the link where I can test efficiency of PNG support ('cause it is already installed so MUST work and I need some link to make sure of your words).
flamesrock
I'm not sure there are any direct executable links, but I can show you how to see the error for yourself:

1) login to [URL
ID:
Password:

you should see a couple of errors but those are uninmportant and will dissapear in a moment

2) Click on the 'Admin' Link
It should say Main O Functions: Logout Admin | Admin

3) Where it says 'Import New Region' select pimple river and import it.

4) You should get:

Warning: imagecreatefromstring(): No PNG support in this PHP build in /home/simcitys/public_html/score/php_inc/classes_inc.php on line 96

followed by a bunch of cumulative errors.

If you want to reimport it afterwards you'll have to delete the existing pimple river first.

-Thanks again smile.gif
Stanly

Warning: imagesx(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/simcitys/public_html/score/php_inc/classes_inc.php on line 135

Warning: imagesy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/simcitys/public_html/score/php_inc/classes_inc.php on line 136

Warning: imagealphablending(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/simcitys/public_html/score/php_inc/classes_inc.php on line 127

Warning: imagesavealpha(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/simcitys/public_html/score/php_inc/classes_inc.php on line 128

Warning: imagecolorallocate(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/simcitys/public_html/score/php_inc/classes_inc.php on line 129

Warning: imagecolortransparent(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/simcitys/public_html/score/php_inc/classes_inc.php on line 129

Warning: imagealphablending(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/simcitys/public_html/score/php_inc/classes_inc.php on line 127

Warning: imagesavealpha(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/simcitys/public_html/score/php_inc/classes_inc.php on line 128

Warning: imagecolorallocate(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/simcitys/public_html/score/php_inc/classes_inc.php on line 129

Warning: imagecolortransparent(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/simcitys/public_html/score/php_inc/classes_inc.php on line 129

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagepng() in /home/simcitys/public_html/score/php_inc/classes_inc.php on line 169

I've got all of this errors while was trying to import. Also there are a lot of errors after login page.
I think you just installed script incorrectly (or it is bad programming script). Because we're sure that png support is installed at this server.
flamesrock
Well, thanks for all of your help anyways. You guys have top-notch support smile.gif
Stanly
NP smile.gif
We're working 24*7*365 so you can contact us any time. cool.gif
flamesrock
Thanks,

I have a link now to prove that png support isn't yet enabled in gd:

http://simcitysphere.com/score/php_info.php

scroll down to the gd table and you'll see that only jpg and bmp are enabled.

I found a possible solution here: http://codewalkers.com/phpdocs/ref.image.html

It says that,

Image Format |  Configure Switch
jpeg-6b            |  To enable support for jpeg-6b add --with-jpeg-dir=DIR.
png              |  To enable support for png add --with-png-dir=DIR. Note, libpng requires the zlib library, therefore add --with-zlib-dir[=DIR]to your configure line.

I see from the php_info that zlib is enabled, so its possible that libpng isn't working because it can't find zlib. Of course --with-png-dir=DIR should probably be checked first too(its my first guess of the possible culprits).

My friend said that he did his like this:
./configure' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr/local' '--with-apxs' '--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql' '--with-zlib' '--with-gd' '--with-jpeg-dir=/sw' '--with-png-dir=/sw'

(of course with different file paths than you guys)
Could you guys please check that and compile it back in if it turns out to be the problem?

-Thanks in advance smile.gif
flamesrock
bump
Stanly
We dont' forget about you.
We're already working with your problem. smile.gif
flamesrock
Thanks! biggrin.gif
Stanly
Done.
LibPNG support is installed now. Please check. cool.gif
flamesrock
Thanks,

I think you're getting really close, but as you can see from http://simcitysphere.com/score/php_info.php , (on the gd table) png is still not working.

There are only two possible reasons I can think of now:
(a)did you forget to add --with-zlib-dir[=DIR] to the config line? libpng needs it to work, I'm told
(b)maybe the wrong path is specified in --with-png-dir=DIR

Anyways, thanks much for your help
Vanya
You can try to use png. It's not shown in GD section of phpinfo but it should work.
flamesrock
Well, thanks for your efforst so far. Don't think I don't appreciate them.

While I'm sure png is installed, I'm positive that the gd png extensions aren't functional yet.

-Thanks anyways
Vanya
Please give me a link where we can check whether it working or not.
flamesrock
Hi, something terrible happened.

I was on my linux box, browsing into my ftp account through ftp://simcitysphere.com

Earlier I moved a few folders into the /simcitiys/home directory using wsftp, where public html, public ftp and all those things reside. I did this so I could transfer files onto my linux box over the net. After entering into those directories, I wanted to go back to simcitys/home.

Now, the ftp app I was using in linux is Konqueror, so I don't know if that might have affected it, but when I wanted to go back to my home directory, I deleted everything in the url after ftp://simcitysphere.com/, which should've taken me to the home directory, but instead transported me to the root directory for the server. Needless to say I got out of there as quickly as I could.

I tried loggging in again through wsftp on windows, and I couldn't! Don't know if thats an isolated case as I write this, but it might not be. I remember reading in the license agreement that any attempt to enter that directory would result in immediate termination, but it wasn't my fault. Please don't terminate my account!

Anyways, thankyou for your great support up to this point(I'm being completely sincere), but I've decided that since this prog will only be used during certain hours of the day, by a very few number of people(to begin with), and because it will be resource intensive during those times, I'll run it from home. This is also to help avoid confusion that might stem from all of the settings and tweaks that have to be made for proper use. I've been working the entire weekend setting up this old slack box, and while it was fun to begin with, I'm glad its finally set up.

I still want to keep my account with hostony (like I said, please don't delete it!) but its probably best for both of us that I run this prog from home until my site needs a dedicated server.

-Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here