Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is going on?
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
DPerdue

This is happening every day, sometimes two or three times a day. It is very frustrating. Is this what I can expect from Hostony for the duration of my time here?

hostname: dperdue.com

Update: There is supposed to be an image above of a screenshot with a server load of about 30 and a hd capacity to about 90%. If you can't see it that means my server is down AGAIN!!!
Stanly
There was a loader at the server.
We've located him and disabled his account.
That was the reason of your image.

Sorry for inconvenience again.
DPerdue
Then why am i still, at this very moment having trouble accessing my site. I'm tired of these lame excuses.

Update: Here's an image of a server that's been fixed?

Update: Another fun screenshot:

Serge
If you thing that our excuses are lame then please go here:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/index.php

All images that poped up as not founded were hosted on our server 18 on automotivearticles.com account.
Each image was about 1 Kb. It means that when somebody loads forum list on automotiveforums our web server is requested 50 time at once.

Since images are small it doesn't make any difference whether they exist on the server or just our web server ia queied to get 404 error page.

We have removed their account from the server and killed nameserver entries in order not to get any requests for webserver.

As you know nameservers are often cached by ISPs so when some Automotiveforums visitors go through ISP that cached nameserver entries they again load our webserver.

As long as dns changes propagates load gradually goes away.
DPerdue
Thank you, that is a much better excuse. That's one I can understand. I don't mind if a server goes occasionally goes down and we are given good reasons for it, but it just gets very frustrating when the server is down 2 or 3 times a day for hour stretches and then we are given some reason that just doesn't make senes or doesn't justify the outage.

Thank you for fully explaining the situation.
DPerdue
Thanks Serge,
the server seems to be running good now, I hope it will continue to.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here