Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: configuring OE to use cable modem
Hostony Board > General Support > Mail
digidiva
I created a mail account and clicked to open the file to configure Outlook Express account to check mail and it tries to dial on a modem but I have cable modem. What do I do to set it up for my connection? Can I set up a new account manually and what do I put for the servers such as mail.whatever.com?

Digidiva
Alec
You can set up this manually.

Please read howto:
http://forum.hostony.com/index.php?showtopic=429
dragonfli
That link (above) describes beautifully how to set up your mail accounts.
If you are still having trouble with Outlook Express trying to use dial-up even tho you have a cable connection. You should contact your isp support on how to set up your connection, or just do it yourself. This Way: IN OUTLOOK EXPRESS

1. Tools -> Options (main Menu)
2. Choose tab Connection
3. Below Dial-up portion of this window you will see "internet connection settings"
4. Click button Labeled Change
5. In the window that opens up choose "never dial a connection"
6. In the same window at the bottom, Click the LAN settings Button.
7. In the Local Area Network Settings window Choose Automatically detect settings.

I may have explained this poorly but in most cases this will set outlook express to use your cable connection rather than try to dial.
If you have trouble with this, your ISP can walk you through it, in most cases the tech that comes to your house would set this up for you when they set up your cable modem, I assume they overlooked it, or just don't bother much with helping you make the transition from dial-up.
Stanly
I think everyone can set up all of settings right now with all of this instructions. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here