Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ssl
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
dragonfli
SSL down again, server 11, trusted root cert. type with dedicated ip.
quakerstore.com/national

all https url's result in 404

good thing this store will not go live till 03/01/04.
dragonfli
Since this keeps happening I will temporarily change checkout/ account procedures to use http so that I can check pages and processes till I'm done with all the pages and product entries, also I think I will just pay the extra and get another certificate from verisign hopefully it will be a more reliable certificate than the xramp one I am using. I have a couple of weeks to get this all straightened out. So I might as well use the time wisely smile.gif
Vanya
SSL is up now.
HTTP wasn't starting with SSL by default. I've changed that.
dragonfli
Great! I do have a question though, should I switch to a verisign cert? or is 128 bit encryption the same in all trusted root certificates?, I went with another company to save something like $150 a year, and at the time it seemed like a good idea. Did I cheap myself into trouble here?
Vanya
It's your decision smile.gif
dragonfli
Sorry to have to say this but SSL is down yet again.
At this point I suppose I need to know why this continues to happen.
sad.gif
Alec
SSL is running now

We are working on it to prevent SSL downtime in future
Sorry for the inconveniences.
dragonfli
SSL down again.
I understand from support that the problem is being worked on
(including monitering). Monitering seems to have failed me as I was informed of the "broken checkout links" by the store owner when he atempted a test purchase to check on my work, I have refunded some of his money and promised this would be solved by the time it goes live.

I think I must have the worst luck in the world.

I understand that it is a problem with apache dropping ssl randomly.

I have spoken via phone to support personel representing the certificate issuing company. He feels that the problem can be solved. I will open a ticked monday to inform support of his toll free Number so that perhaps together they can solve this problem.

Failing that as much as I hate windows servers (security issues), that may be the only way I can host a functional store.
Stanly
SSL is back.
Sorry for inconvenience, process of fixing will be finished in a few days.
All of this time we'll monitor your server.

Thanks again for your patience.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here