Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Site Not Updating
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
nrquam
We have a site at drivingsuits.com that does not update when I upload a file. It's like a separate entity of this site exists. All the others update immediately but this one doesn't. It's an addon site. Everything looks correct from my end, and if you go to drivingsuits.awesomeracesuits.com you can see the updates. But something seems wrong with it. There is no other location that it could be getting this from because it is stored in only one folder.
Alec
I get the same content with both http://drivingsuits.com and http://drivingsuits.awesomeracesuits.com.

Look on it here

Try to upload new file and open it in your browser and let us know results
nrquam
That's odd. Because I have been using some tools on microsoft's business site that analyzes my pages, and they get the same page as I do. I had it scan both the subdomain and regular domain and it got different results.

Ping drivingsuits.com

Ping drivingsuits.awesomeracesuits.com

My ping shows both at the same location. I have no other folders with the same files as the drivingsuits folder.
Alec
It's fixed itself smile.gif
dholden
It may have just been your browser caching the old page. With IE, you need to press the Ctrl key and then click the refresh button for it to re-load the page...

Dean
nrquam
I'm sorry to say that It's gone back to the way it was yesterday. When I last looked at the site yesterday it was fine, and now it's back to the original. I scanned it using a spider tool and it picked up the same page I did. And this spider is on Microsoft's servers. I tried pressing ctrl refresh and it didn't change. I'm not sure why this is happening. If it's pinging the same location then it should be finding teh same page.

Fact is, I'm at the same point I was yesterday. Any ideas?
nrquam
I had a big find here. It seems that when everything was changed over, the other account we had with your that was for the site drivingsuits.com wasn't cancelled. I guess we'll just leave it for now and this will solve my problem currently for us needing another site up. We'll just wait on what to do with them but now that I've figured it out, I think it won't be a problem anymore.
Alec
What is ip address of the old server? I'll remove all dns zones there to prevent duplication
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here