Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what script are you intested in seeing added?
Hostony Board > General Support > Suggestions
blackburnrovers
take a look at some of these and vote for ones that you think would be good to have available for installation. this way, if hostony sees that a lof of people want a certain application, they can look into that one more carefully. if you have others, please leave a comment.
bgp1
Could you describe what these do?
Alexandre
mamboserver

http://www.mamboserver.com/content/menu/So...ss_is_about%3F/

XOOPS is a dynamic OO (Object Oriented) based open source portal script written in PHP. XOOPS is the ideal tool for developing small to large dynamic community websites, intra company portals, corporate portals, weblogs and much more.

What is b2 ?
A classy news/weblog tool (aka logware).

How does it work ?
You type something and hit "blog this" and in the next second it's on your page(s). You can write extended entries, or even entries that span multiple pages. You can also use BloggerAPI clients to post to your b2 weblog.
What's original in b2 ? Pages are generated dynamically from the MySQL database, so no clumsy 'rebuilding' is involved. It also means faster search/display capabilities, and the ability to serve your news in different 'templates' without any hassle.

phpAuction
provides a complete suite of applications and services for building auction web sites. auction programs offer flexibility, power, and ease of use for small businesses and individuals. We can provide an integrated set of scripts that will assist in building successful web sites and increase business and sales. The Hosting service provides a full-featured, low-cost hosting solution for anyone who is in need of hosting. You will know that the recommended environment to run the program is properly installed.

The OneOrZero Helpdesk is an extremely powerful, yet lightweight, helpdesk package that is coded in PHP and uses MySQL for the backend. It is fast, customizable, runs on virtually any platform, and is free for both private and commercial use.

WebCalendar is a PHP application used to maintain a calendar for one or more persons. WebCalendar requires a database: MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL or ODBC. See features listed below. WebCalendar can be setup in a variety of ways, such as...

* A schedule management system for a single person
* A schedule management system for a group of people, allowing one or more assistants to manage the calendar of another user
* An events schedule that anyone can view, allowing visitors to submit new events
* An events schedule that can be viewed with iCal-compliant calendar applications

Note: Check out PHP's manual on the Unified ODBC functions. This actually supports more than just ODBC, including Adabas D, IBM DB2, Solid and Sybase SQL Anywhere. So, in theory, you can use any of these databases with WebCalendar as well.

phpClassifieds is an open source package which installs easily on any web server enabling simple administration of a classifieds listing. Posted listings are easy for users to search and post and easy for admins to sell or offer for free.

PhpDig is a http spider/search engine written in Php with a MySql
database in backend. PhpDig builds a glossary with the key words
found in indexed pages. On a search query, it displays a result
page with documents which contains the search keys, ranked by occurence.

Crafty Syntax Live Help (CSLH)

Help support chat system that allows the operators of the websites to monitor their visitors as they are browsing the site and proactively open a chat session with the visitor. Other features include eiter text based database or Mysql database, chat notification, user is typing message, multiple chat sessions and multiple operators. features: Operators can monitor the webpages that are being visited Operators can chat with multiple clients at once. Track Referrer URLs Canned responses (w/ option for user-specific) pushing of HTML and URL messages to Client. Ability to have visitors leave a message if no one is online to help No database Required (Can use EITHER a text database or MySQL ) Favorite Image option that allows Visitors to choose images that they like and create their own gallery of favorite images. Is FREE and open source code. upgraded to newer versions without loosing information.

phpAdsNew is a banner management and tracking system written in PHP. Currently it can manage multiple banners (any size) per advertiser, view daily, overall and summary statistics and send statistics to advertisers via email.
dragonfli
I noticed Crafty Syntax have a couple of other "crafty" little GPL web programs that I think people might like (good for family photo albums and easy to use journal blogging). I intend to try them out myself and maybe offer them to clients of mine who mostly just want to post family pictures or put together a little web book.

Crafty Syntax Image Gallery (CSIG)
Crafty Syntax ScrapBook (CSSB)

Seems like they'd be good additions to your to your poll
TSFBA
I would love to see phpadsnew added.
depewwil
Every item listed above except CraftySyntax.
flamesrock
mamboserver! That would be great
Bluefin221
Doesn't PHPnuke do most of the above? pretty impressive system - I would personally like to see wap added in some form.
MartinB
cool for resellers and international client's happyness:

http://forum.hostony.com/index.php?showtopic=1292
Serge
We are testing rvskin on the server 10 also contributed Ukrainian translation for it.
Slick
Just wondering if I want certain scripts added will you guys do it for me? Is there anyway I can do it myself?

Thanks. Im just wondering thats all wink.gif.

edit - I like mamboserver seems awsome something I could use. If it it possible I would like to have it installed. This would be very helpful as my site needs to have a "Online Cinema" that I can easily update without haveing to hard-code everything or taking the time to make an automated php code.
Serge
Yes all scripts can be installed to you particular account except rvskin since it should be installed serverwide.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here