Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Switching Plans from Linux to Windows Hosting
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
wildclay
Hello,

When I signed up for Hostony as my web host provider last year in November I do not believe that a Windows plan was available at the time. I see now you have Windows hosting available and was wondering if my plan could be switched from the Linux to the Windows platform? I currently have the "Special" plan for Linux and would like to have the equivalent Windows plan.

Is this possible or would this be a headache? I do not have that much data on the server and I can backup the e-mail I have so far if that will be a problem. I'd like to be able to use ASP and IIS. Under the Windows plan is it possible to use the IIS MMC snapin to manage my account remotely? Could my message board be switched without being affected? Let me know. Your help is much appreciated.

Casey Wild Clay

www.wildclay.net
Server 16 - 602671.servernode.net
Alec
Yes the server exchange is possible.
You will be able to configure your hosting account remotely through helm control panel.

Mysql is supported on both Linux and Windows so you database and message board won't be affected by transfer
wildclay
Thanks Alec!

So if I want to go about doing this should I create a ticket in the Help Desk area? Will my e-mail and FTP accounts be affected if I leave them be? Thanks.

Casey
Alec
Yes just request the transfer through email or helpdesk.

Unfortunately you will be forced to create all email and ftp accounts once again on new server
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here