Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Couple of Questions
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Dan
Hi! I currently use Zeonhost, but am fed up about all their recent changes. I was referred here, because of your great support. Just a few questions:

1. Is php safe_mode on?
2. In php, is register_globals on?
3. Do you have ImageMagick installed and if you don't, will you install it?
4. What is the maximum mySQL database size for your PROFI hosting package?
5. Will the prices change before mid-April (that's when my old hosting expires)?
6. What control panel does the PROFI package use?

Thank you very much! biggrin.gif
Anonymous
1. Is php safe_mode on?

no

2. In php, is register_globals on?
yes

3. Do you have ImageMagick installed and if you don't, will you install it?

no. we have GD installed and can install ImageMagick

4. What is the maximum mySQL database size for your PROFI hosting package?

We don't limit mySQL databases automatically to prevent data corruption.
It is good idea to keep database smaller than 100 Mb as after this mark MySQL is getting slower when processing data and concumes much CPU resource. Though it depends how your query is written and database is rachitected.

5. Will the prices change before mid-April (that's when my old hosting expires)?

No

6. What control panel does the PROFI package use?

WHM/Cpanel You can see the demo here http://demodemo:demodemo@216.180.243.130:2082/
Serge
Just a quick note that above post was made by me. Just forgot to login. Shame on me smile.gif
Dan
Thanks! I plan on signing up in April.
One last question,
what OS do the servers run?
Serge
We are running ReHat 7.3
Anonymous
Okay, now some people are telling me horror stories about your hosting and how mySQL kept going down. Is this still a problem? Please be truthful with me.
Anonymous
Okay, now some people are telling me horror stories about your hosting and how mySQL kept going down. Is this still a problem? Please be truthful with me.

Oops, it's Dan, forgot to login.
Serge
It would be better for those people to post a trouble ticket with their server ip and time they experienced a problem.

The only server I aware about mysql problems and load problams was I cpanel2 that has a spammer who maxed on CPU and bandwidth and because of slowdown mysql could not efficiently server queries putting them in queue. As result people had connection limit errors from mysql.

Now we investigating

From time to time we have people who like to spam, write bogus mysql queries that copy a 100 Mb to the temporary table each time query is made, etc..

It is very hard to prevent such problems and all we can do is react to them.

So, when you experience some problems with mysql, etc. let us know ASAP.
Serge
UPDATE:

Just a quick note. We caught the spammer at that server though he used a tricky way to spam through PHP using POST method. Spammer's site is suspended and load went back to normal.

So there should not be any problems for now. If some of your friends still experience some problems ask them to contact our support.

Just noticed that you are asking about past experience. Yes we did have such problems before in November but they were resolved.

Right now we are moving people from one server to another in order to prevent possible downtimes and try to perform the move with zero downtime to our customers.
In a few words we are not a problem free heaven and have our portion of troubles like every other host, but we do our best to resolve them.
Anonymous
thank you! I will join in April. By the way, what's the process of transferring all my files from my old host to hostony like? Do I have to do that myself? (there are about 45 mb of files).
Serge
You are welcome. If your current host uses Cpanel or Plesk we can copy your files from the WHM.
Anonymous
You are welcome. If your current host uses Cpanel or Plesk we can copy your files from the WHM.

My host uses PSOFT's H-SPHERE.
Serge
Sorry, but DarkOrb have not developed a script for moving accounts from the H-SPHERE. Hope they will in coming 1.5 months. Cpanel is good when talking about updates we have updates almost every other day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here