Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Special Package Clarification
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Please describe the Special 'Host 10 domains with one large plan' product.

Does each domain point to a sub folder of a single main directory or is each domain chroot'ed to their own directory tree?
If seperate, are the domains on the same physical server?
Does each have independent access_logs / error_logs with unique traffic reporting?
Are there individual accounts for FTP and Control Panel access? Is there a master account for all 10 domains?

Other questions:
If I connect via SSH, is there a directory beneath web root where I can store non public data (i.e. /include directory)?
Is there access to crontab from the command line?

Hostony offers very compelling products. As you might have guessed, I'm a bit confused about how this Special plan works, though.

Thank you very much.
Stanly
You can point each domain name to different directory (Addon domain feature) or point some of them to a main wwwroot (Parked doman feature - different domain names with the same content).
Yes, all of your domain names will be located at one server.
Each of them has independent log files.

There are FTP accounts present, but you'll have only 1 main account for Control Panel.

Yes, you'll be able to create a directory for non public usage.
Crontab will be accessed through your Control Panel.
Thank you for the prompt and excellent answers.

So, if I wanted to host 10 domains with the Special package, I would have to buy 9 Add-On domains (bringing the total to 10) at $3.95 each?

$09.85 - Special package monthly price based on 12 month purchase
$35.55 - 9 Domain Add-Ons at $3.95 each
----------
$45.40 - Total monthly fee

This is far from a complaint. I simply want to be sure I have the facts straight.

Thanks!
Alexandre
If you wanted to host 10 domains with the Special package, you would not have to buy 9 Add-On domains.

$09.85 - Special package monthly price based on 12 month purchase
9 Domain Add-Ons at Free each
----------
$09.85- Total monthly fee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here