Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MySQL down AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
mxb100
We host a site 123shots.com with you. (207.44.244.81) MySQL has been going down every 10 minutes. Yes that is right EVERY 10 MINUTES.

Today i.e. 2/6/04. MySQL has gone down 3 times in the 1 hr between 6:30 AM - 7:30 AM Central Time.

Whats going on here guys? If this goes on, how can our customers even use the system ?
dragonfli
It is very disheartening when you show a client a page you did for him, and due to bad luck and timing it doesn't load. I am on the same server and it seems to be a little more reliable in the afternoon. I've learned to wait till then to show people and just hope I get no traffic in the off hours.
If this helps I hear it has something to do with "my doom" constantly assaulting this server with bogus mail that overloads the processor. They restart it, shut some things down to let the processor catch up. It is a vicious circle. That may not be what's happening now but that has been offered as an explaination just recently.
I just hope it gets better. They usually fix things in the end.
Serge
Sorry we had installed overload and hack prevension system called dog.
It is aimed to keep the server from overload. When it detects threat for the server to be overloaded it starts to lower priority for the processes with high utilization of CPU and when load becames critical it kiils those processes.

The problem is it detects mysql as non-critical process and manipulated it. That's was a source of mysql problems. Now we fixed it.

So far new dog justifies its use since the average load decreased by about 15-20% and number of load spikes greatly decreased. To the top it prevented a hacker attack through insecure user php script on server10.

We'll keep an eye on it. Hope there weill be only pleasant impressions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here