Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: couple questions
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Anonymous
I am interested in your plan, but i must have these questions answered.

1: In your terms of agreements, i see a lot of threats about cancellation of an account, and I dont like that at all. If you cancel my account, and i have signed up for 12 months, will you reemburse me for the months that I have not used?

2: There is a part that says you are charged for bandwidth over what you pay for. Is there any way to track how much bandwidth your using, as well as stopping bandwidth over what you have used? I.E. like those pages you see on free hosts that says Bandwidth Maxed out.

3: Acceptable content? i was thinking of starting a site that provides some miscellenous content, probably all legal. However some of it might include hacking tutorials, tools like port scanners, ect. The goal of the site is not to outrightly encourage hacking, but rather to inform people on how the stuff works. Once again, if my account is cancelled for this reason, I expect a reembursement for the months I have not used.

4: Chat clients? I was thinking about possibly programming a java chat client. Would that be acceptable? I guess this isnt really an important issue though.

I appreciate the help and look forward to buying a hosting plan with this company.
Alec

1: In your terms of agreements, i see a lot of threats about cancellation of an account, and I dont like that at all. If you cancel my account, and i have signed up for 12 months, will you reemburse me for the months that I have not used?
We have 30 days money back guarantee. If you have purchased our hosting plan e.g. for yearly subscription and was hosted only 2 months and want to cancel we we will refund you 2/12 or 1/6 of your payment.

[qoute]
2: There is a part that says you are charged for bandwidth over what you pay for. Is there any way to track how much bandwidth your using, as well as stopping bandwidth over what you have used? I.E. like those pages you see on free hosts that says Bandwidth Maxed out.

You will can see your current bandwidth when logging into cpanel.
When bandwidth is maxed out you will see error page instead of your own one.

3: Acceptable content? i was thinking of starting a site that provides some miscellenous content, probably all legal. However some of it might include hacking tutorials, tools like port scanners, ect. The goal of the site is not to outrightly encourage hacking, but rather to inform people on how the stuff works. Once again, if my account is cancelled for this reason, I expect a reembursement for the months I have not used.
No problems with it.

4: Chat clients? I was thinking about possibly programming a java chat client. Would that be acceptable? I guess this isnt really an important issue though.

Java chats are acceptable.
It is quite a different if you want to use any Java server (e.g. TomCat)
Anonymous
could you elaborate on the cancellation issue? im not talking about me cancelling- im talking about should my account be terminated, just to clear that up. So lets say ive purchased a yearly plan, and my account is terminated 6 months into that. Am i reembursed for the remaining 6 months, or what? I kinda have a problem with this because according to the policy accounts can be terminated without warning and at the discretion of the company, possibly without my consultation. needless to say I would not be happy if if my site were to be terminated, especially without any warning
Serge
We provide a sharing hosting that means many accounts reside on one servers and share server resources. In case one site uses too much server resources it affects all other accounts on the server. We should provide healthy environment for all our customers not just one. So we reserve the right to suspend an account without warning in order to keep server from going down in case account overloads a server with bogus script. We don't terminate accounts if there is no valid reason for this.

In case you violated AUP you won't get a refund.
In case you just want to cancel you get a prorated refund.

Example you signed up for a year of the profi account and paid $94.20
After 5 month you decided to cancell.

6 months at $8.55 will be $51.30
So we'll refund you $42.90

As for now we terminate only spammers without any notice. If you are legit customer and your scripts cause a bit more load than is acceptable by AUP, but it is not critical for the server we'll send you a notice first to work on the problem. In some cases problem could be solved by script optimization or using HTML pregeneration instead of launching script per user request.

Anyway we attract customers not just that terminate them on a later date smile.gif So, if problem can be resolved in some way we try to do our best to keep customers site online.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here