IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Now its the Email Servers turn to start going down?, Really tired of Multiple Server based problems!
-snomann-
post Aug 21 2007, 12:29 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2098

I get this every week and it is reassuring ........

Monitoring stats for: http://www.lybina.com

Day Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun Weekly
Total
Date 08/13 08/14 08/15 08/16 08/17 08/18 08/19
Outages 0 0 0 0 0 ** ** 0
Time on error 00:00 00:00 00:00 00:00 00:00 ** ** 00:00
% Uptime 100.0 100.0 100.0 100.0 100.0 ** ** 100.0
Connect time 0.11 0.11 0.11 0.11 0.11 ** ** 0.08

Outages- number of times we were unable to access this URL
Time on Error- the total time this URL was not available (hr:min)
% Uptime- the percentage this URL was available for the day
Connect Time- the average time in seconds to connect to this URL ** Data not available

BUT I currently have SERIOUS outages with your email system that cannot be monitored and I only find out the hard way when my email stops or I have several customers ring and give me hell because I havent filled orders or forwarded information.

99.99% Web Site uptime is Bull S#&T if the secondary services are falling over and not working!! I have personally had my fair share of MYSQL / FTP server problems then an over zealous Server Firewall which stopped me logging in and now all my email accounts are down.

And no - Its NOT MY END - I have my ISP account which works perfectly, I have my HOTMAIL / Yahoo accounts which work perfectly too.

MS Outlook thinks its sent emails to valid addresses through my Hostony based email accounts but nobody is getting their mail.
I send test emails through my OUTLOOK / Personal ISP email account to my Hostony accounts and they are confirmed sent through Hotmail/Yahoo accounts as well and the Hostony based accounts seemed to have "Black Holed" ALL my emails.
This test has been performed through all my accounts/domains and nothing is working at - getting to or being sent from Hostony based email services on my account.

Worse still no errors are being generated or reported, so everything - as far as I can tell is being delivered.

Add to this the "password" is no recognised errors - some accounts time out on send and recieve and the all time favourite that I should "contact my system admin" is really starting to give me the sh(ts.

And to add insult to this injury when I log into any of my hosted accounts using the Webmail interface through my CPANEL, I am being forwarded to one account - no matter which of my accounts I log into.

Now you guys are messing with my Bread and Butter here and I dont like this one little bit - email is more crucial than a web site - - -

No Email = No Communication = No Business = No Money - this is one thing that cant be screwed with !! !!

I would suggest that Hostony start monitoring the damn email servers or at least have a redundancy system so i dont have to concern myself with this in the future and my communications run that way they are supposed to.

NO TOO HAPPY mad.gif

-SNO-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
loanshark
post Aug 24 2007, 06:16 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 787

QUOTE(-snomann- @ Aug 21 2007, 12:29 PM) *
I get this every week and it is reassuring ........

[/size]

BUT I currently have SERIOUS outages with your email system that cannot be monitored and I only find out the hard way when my email stops or I have several customers ring and give me hell because I havent filled orders or forwarded information.

99.99% Web Site uptime is Bull S#&T if the secondary services are falling over and not working!! I have personally had my fair share of MYSQL / FTP server problems then an over zealous Server Firewall which stopped me logging in and now all my email accounts are down.

And no - Its NOT MY END - I have my ISP account which works perfectly, I have my HOTMAIL / Yahoo accounts which work perfectly too.

MS Outlook thinks its sent emails to valid addresses through my Hostony based email accounts but nobody is getting their mail.
I send test emails through my OUTLOOK / Personal ISP email account to my Hostony accounts and they are confirmed sent through Hotmail/Yahoo accounts as well and the Hostony based accounts seemed to have "Black Holed" ALL my emails.
This test has been performed through all my accounts/domains and nothing is working at - getting to or being sent from Hostony based email services on my account.

Worse still no errors are being generated or reported, so everything - as far as I can tell is being delivered.

Add to this the "password" is no recognised errors - some accounts time out on send and recieve and the all time favourite that I should "contact my system admin" is really starting to give me the sh(ts.

And to add insult to this injury when I log into any of my hosted accounts using the Webmail interface through my CPANEL, I am being forwarded to one account - no matter which of my accounts I log into.

Now you guys are messing with my Bread and Butter here and I dont like this one little bit - email is more crucial than a web site - - -

[size=4]No Email = No Communication = No Business = No Money - this is one thing that cant be screwed with !! !!

I would suggest that Hostony start monitoring the damn email servers or at least have a redundancy system so i dont have to concern myself with this in the future and my communications run that way they are supposed to.

NO TOO HAPPY mad.gif

-SNO-

I am having problems with my email systems as well. It seems to be very random. One client can not use his email at all and it has been working just fine until now, while his associate is not having any problem at all.

When I go to Horde, I see no emails being received by the problem account even though I have sent several test messages.

Today I started getting complaints from several other clients saying they could send mail (their own ISP SMTP) but could not receive incoming mail through Hostony POP3 server.

I will issue a support ticket, but this erratic service has to stop. It is killing my hard earned business.

The Shark

+Quote Post
Dima
post Sep 2 2007, 08:59 PM
Post #3

Hostony staff

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1106

Yes, I advise you to open a trouble ticket and the problem will be resolved ASAP

--------------------
People are created to help each other. So, if one needs help it's our duty to do everything we can to make this person feel happy.

+Quote Post
Snomann
post Sep 15 2007, 01:00 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 2097

QUOTE(Dima @ Sep 3 2007, 06:59 AM) *
Yes, I advise you to open a trouble ticket and the problem will be resolved ASAP

Well I did that and I get no helpful replies and still your e-mail server will not allow outgoing email!

Copy of my last reply to your help desk (email account names obfuriscated).

And it still fails under test..........

I have used these email accounts under POP3/SMTP since I opened my account (GTOSCOMMERCE.COM) around April 2006 and have with in the last few weeks had nothing but trouble with sending email through my LYBINA.com account - NEEDLESS TO SAY IT SEEMS TO PROPOGATE FROM MY MAIN ACCOUNT GTOSCOMMERCE.COM DOWN!

Due respect to YOUR last post but I am NOT a NOOB I am trying all options to resolve this at my end but your email server is even being reported occasionally as offline from here and I am still getting 'Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server' error. Please dont tell me how to set up my email programs and I wont tell you how to fix your email server - your server is the broken bit so fix it!

I am now getting notifications that there is an issue with your security certificates - you are seemingly getting worse rather than better!

This issue is now over 1 and a half days old not to mention the last 3 weeks that it was left to see if it would resolve itself.

I CAN E-MAIL OUT USING OUTLOOK through my ISP accounts:

jxx@bigpond.com
lxx@bigpond.com

I CANNOT EMAIL OUT THROUGH ANY HOSTONY BASED EMAIL ACCOUNTS

axx@lybina.com
axx@gtoscommerce.com
axx@lybina.com
exx@lybina.com
jxx@lybina.com
jxx@lybina.com
nxx@gtoscommerce.com
pxx@plasticweldrod.com
sxx@akz-clan.com
sxx@daf-clan.com

THIS HAS BEEN TESTED ON 4 DIFFERENT COMPUTERS USING WINDOWS OUTLOOK - OUTLOOK EXPRESS - MOZILLA THUNDERBIRD. LINUX BASED EMAIL CLIENT AND STILL NO JOY! NO SENDING EMAIL - NOTHING

I am now sick and tired of this continuing inability FROM YOU to sort out a basic email server error.

I had a bitch about this on the 21st of AUGUST 2007.

http://forum.hostony.com/index.php?showtopic=5415 and it is still not resolved

I am now looking for alternate hosting because you are either unable to or are just not interested enough to fix this problem.

+Quote Post
Dima
post Sep 15 2007, 09:37 PM
Post #5

Hostony staff

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1106

The response was given for you in the trouble ticket which you opened.

--------------------
People are created to help each other. So, if one needs help it's our duty to do everything we can to make this person feel happy.

+Quote Post
Snomann
post Sep 16 2007, 11:06 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 2097

QUOTE(Dima @ Sep 16 2007, 07:37 AM) *
The response was given for you in the trouble ticket which you opened.

Maybe so but this forum is here so I can share my experiance, good, bad or outherwise with anyone who is getting the same errors.

So proudly telling me that I have recieved a responce does little to inform this community about the now 3 day continuing issue (excluding the previous month) that you and I have been working through.

+Quote Post
Lehrer
post Sep 17 2007, 06:06 AM
Post #7

Hostony staff

Member No.: 1105

So proudly telling me that I have recieved a responce does little to inform this community about the now 3 day continuing issue

It was done just to inform you and the forumers that your issue is taken care of, just a general notification, nothing more.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2018 - 12:18 PM